University Honors Program
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
Your health and well-being are the top priorities at NIU and the University Honors Program. In response to COVID-19, we have decided to offer all honors services remotely to ensure consistency and stability. We'll promptly answer your request during normal business hours (8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday).
- If you have a general question, please call or email honors@.
- If you'd like to contact a staff member directly, please visit our staff page for contact information.
- Please continue to schedule your academic advising appointments via for remote advising.
- View policy changes for the spring 天天乐棋牌 semester regarding grading, withdrawal, incompletes and academic probation.
The University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University provides an enriched educational experience for students motivated to achieve greatness. Through a nearly 50 year history of specialized courses, advising, engaged learning opportunities, a living-learning community and extracurricular programming, we develop tomorrow's leaders today.
Some of the benefits you'll experience as a University Honors Program student include:
- Small, engaging courses taught by top faculty
- Priority registration for courses
- Honors-only scholarships
- Guaranteed admission into an ever-growing list of graduate programs
- Exclusive opportunities for research with faculty, study abroad and the prestigious McKearn Fellows program
- Peer mentoring from other honors students – and the chance to be a mentor yourself
- Opportunity to live in exclusive clusters in the New Hall
If you are someone who has the ambition to chase your dreams, and help others in their pursuit as well, join us!